The City of Buda is recognized by the Texas Film Commission as a film-friendly community. Buda received its Film Friendly Certification in 2009 after attending the Film Friendly Texas Certification Program help by the Texas Film Commission.
In this program, Texas communities learn about the production process and how to effectively work with filming requests. Certified communities attend training workshops, pass a film policy approved by the Texas Film Commission and send location photos for inclusion in TexScout, the Texas Film Commission's on-line location database.
This means Buda, Texas is ready to go and welcomes the film community.
- WALKER (TV Series, 2022)
- BBQ Brawl (TV Series, 2021)
- Fear the Walking Dead (TV Series, 2020)
- Megan and Dan (Independent Film, 2014)
- Revolution (TV Series, 2013)
- Thunder Broke the Heavens (Independent Film, 2013)
- Friday Night Lights (Episodes from TV Series)
- Beyond the Prairie, Part 2: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder Continues (Film, 2002)
- Snake Tales (Film)
- A Small Town in Texas (Film, 1976)
Before filming Buda, the Application for Commercial filming must be submitted by the production company and then approved by City staff within the following time frame in order to receive your film permit. You must have a permit to film in the City of Buda.
Lights! Camera! Action!
- Commercial or episodic television: a minimum of two (2) business days prior to the commencement of filming or any substantial activity related to the project.
- Feature films: a minimum of five (5) business days prior to the commencement of filming or any substantial activity related to the project.
All film projects in Buda must pay a one-time $50.00 application fee regardless of whether the filming locations are public or private property.
Other fees include (cost per calendar day):
$500.00 - total or disruptive use of a public building, park, street, right-of-way or public area during regular operating hours
$250.00 - Partial, non-disruptive use of a public building, park, street, right-of-way or public area
$50.00 per block - Total closure or obstruction of public street or right-of-way, including parking lots and on-street park for the purposes of filming
$25.00 per block - partial closure or obstruction of public street or right-of-way, including parking lots and on-street parking for filming purposes
$50.00 per block or lot - Use of City parking lots, parking areas, and City streets for the purpose of parking film trailers, buses, catering trucks and other large vehicles
If filming on City/public property a site plan must be provided. A traffic plan may be required as well.
Fees for the use of Police/Fire/Public Works personnel or the use of City equipment will be established on a case-by-case basis.
There are no property use fees with the City of Buda for filming on private property. However, all private property locations must be listed on the application.
Guidelines & Application Packet
If you are interested in filming in Buda, please fill out our filming application
to ensure that your filming goes smoothly. Parks and city facilities must be reserved in advance and all notice of filming is to be submitted to the City Manager's Office. For more information, please contact the Department of Tourism